Motor Vehicle Licensing
For the duration of the Oneida Nation’s Public Health State of Emergency, the Nation is directing resources toward mitigation efforts and response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our website may not be updated regularly – please refer to the Nation’s website, oneida-nsn.gov/covid-19, and the Nation’s social media accounts for the most up-to-date information.
All customers must be an enrolled Oneida Tribal Member, and reside within the Oneida Nation Boundaries to qualify for Oneida Nation Motor Vehicle Services.
Things a customer needs to bring in for registration:
- Proof of Residency – Acceptable Documentation (Enrollment card or mail-outs are not acceptable for proof.)
- Lein Release (if applicable)
- Enrollment Card (Not accepted as Proof of Residency)
- State ID/WI Drivers License (Must have current address of residency)
You may find a Registration Fee comparison between Oneida and Wisconsin in the Oneida Nation Motor Vehicle Fees document, also in our Resources section.
Automobile License (Annual):
Nation Owned Vehicle (Non-Exp):
Disabled Hanging Tag (4 Years):
– Disabled plates are available for Auto & Truck
– Specialty Clan Black Plate design available for Auto and Truck only. Registration fee + One-time issuance fee of $25.00
– Military/Veterans Can be personalized for $15.00 per year.
(Military plate fee will be the same as the plate type fee listed above)
– One time fee $50.00 application fee plus twice the annual registration fee for specific vehicle type.
Title Transfer Fee:
$164.50 (WI Fee)
$10.00 (WI Fee)
Black Plate Design Sample Plate:
Issuance of replacement plates:
$12.00 per plate
$15.00 per black plate
$10.00 late fee applies to all registration which are past due.
Gross Weight in Pounds
Truck Plate < 4,500 (A):
Truck Plate < 6,000 (B):
Truck Plate < 8,000 (C):
Truck Plate < 10,000 (X):
Truck Plate < 12,000 (D):
Truck Plate < 16,000 (E):
Truck Plate < 20,000 (F):
Truck Plate < 26,000 (G):
Truck Plate < 32,000 (H):
Truck Plate < 38,000 (J):
Truck Plate < 44, 000 (K):
Truck Plate < 50,000 (L):
Truck Plate < 54,000 (M):
Motor Home Fees
Gross Weight in Pounds
Motor Home < 5,000 (B):
Motor Home < 8,000 (C):
Motor Home < 12,000 (D):
Motor Home < 16,000 (E):
Motor Home < 20,000 (F):
Motor Home < 26,000 (G):
Motor Home > 26,000 (T):