WIC – Foods and Shopping
WIC FOODS OVERVIEW
WIC provides healthy foods for families. Food benefits are based on the type of participant (woman, infant, child, etc.) and may include:
- Fruits and vegetables (fresh, frozen, canned)
- 100% juice
- Whole wheat/whole grain foods: 100% whole wheat bread, pasta, oats, brown rice, soft corn or whole wheat tortillas
- Cereals (hot or cold)
- Beans, peas, lentils (canned or dried)
- Peanut butter
- Canned fish (light tuna, mackerel, or pink salmon)
- Milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt, tofu
- Infant cereals, fruits and vegetables, and meats
WIC SHOPPING GUIDE
The WIC Shopping Guide provides information on specific foods to purchase. As always, scanning items at the store with your WIC app may be helpful to ensure the selected product will be accepted with your WIC card at checkout.
WIC APPROVED FOODS: SHOPPING OVERVIEW
The following videos provide insight on using your WIC card and purchasing WIC-approved foods at the grocery store.
Your WIC Benefits
Checking Out Your Choices
Healthy Foods For Your Family
Solutions to Shopping Problems
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For the full Nondiscrimination Statement, please click here.